Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Drawerment

Via The Style Files, I found out about Drawerment, a composition of drawers collected from old office furniture. This simple but gorgeous installation is designed by Hubero Kororo for Dutch label Demakersvan, as a part of their renovated studio in Rotterdam.
I just love the way light and shadow is captured by the drawers and the different textures/colours of aged wood in this installation.
Reminds me a little of the WOZOCO housing project for the elderly (below) that propelled architecture design studio MVRDV to international stardom many years back.


2 comments:

Absolutely Fabulous said...

i love this look! isn't there one building like this, probably 20 years old, along grange road in singapore?

Haze said...

haha I luv this builing very much! Just visited Amsterdam n this building is near the hotel which I stayed!!!